- American Assn. for Aerosol Research
- Journal of Exposure Analysis and Environmental Epidemiology
- Health Effects Institute Research on health effects of particles.
- EPA regulations for particulates and ozone.
- EPA IRIS online database contains EPA carcinogenic and non-carcinogenic health risk and regulatory information.
- DOE Information on renewable energy. Interestingly, experts from DOE recommend biomass for gasification only.
- "An Annotated Bibliography on Acute Respiratory Infections and Indoor Air Pollution with Emphasis on Children Under 5 in Developing Countries,"
- Society of Toxicology
- National Environmental Respiratory Center Bibliography on Wood Smoke Inmagic DB/Text WebPublisher found 265 records
- Consumer Information: Glossary of Air Pollution Terms: California Air Resources Board
- Stanford University Global Climate & Energy Project
- A Site on Health and Economic Impacts of Air Pollution.. http://www.airimpacts.org
- US EPA Particulate Matter (PM) Research Centers: NYU-EPA Particulate Matter (PM) Health Research Center
- US EPA Particulate Matter (PM) Research Centers:EPA Particulate Matter Center at University of Rochester
- US EPA Particulate Matter (PM) Research Centers: Southern California Particle Center and Supersite (UCLA, UC, USC)
- US EPA Particulate Matter (PM) Research Centers: Harvard Particulate Center
- US EPA Particulate Matter (PM) Research Centers: Northwest Center for Particulate Matter & Health
- Asbestos.com: One of the most comprehensive sites on asbestos and mesothelioma.
International Wood Smoke and Coal Smoke Related Sites
- Air Quality Research Group (U.N.E) **** Australia
- Forestry Smoke **** Tasmania, Australia
- Canadian Clean Air Alliance. An alliance of Canadian grass root groups fighting to ban wood smoke.
- England: coalsmokekills (includes wood smoke) by Simon Francis ****
- UK National Air Quality Info Archive
- South Asia:The World Bank Group Indoor Air Pollution Energy and Health for the Poor, Issue No. 1
- Association pour L'Air Pur (ALAP) C.P. 115, Joliette (Québec) Canada J6E 3Z6. Courriel: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> (They still have talk about how to burn right: but we know that will not help stop wood smoke pollution.)
- Outdoor burning: Canada-USA Dioxins and Furans Dumping into the Great Lakes.
- Sweden: New 2008 CLEAN AIR – NOW! A non-profit organization for clean air and healthy living - against residential wood burning smoke in densely populated areas.
- The Swedish Clean Air Society (click on English version)www.siki.se:
- Victim documents source of wood smoke and obtains an injunction. victim's web site
United States Smoke Related Sites
- Fighting for our rights of Clean Air in Illinois http://freewebs.com/freedomofair.
- Indiana OWB Site Outdoor Wood-Burning Boilers in Laporte, Indiana
- Great videos of agricultural burning impacting a small farming community in CA's central valley.
- Massachusetts Clean Air Site
- Puget Sound video on Wood Smoke Pollution Health Effects
- Jane Koenig: EPA Northwest Research Center for Particulate Air Pollution and Health
- Georgia Representative Louis Lowery : site with information on air pollution from outdoor burning, and trench burning in Georgia.
- Michigan : Dangers of Leaf Burning Rochester Hills anti leaf burning campaign.
- Iowa Environmental Department site containing good information on Air Quality and open burning.
- Minneapolis, MN: New site: http://www.takebacktheair.com To fight for cleaner air.
- Americans With Disabilities Act.
- Illinois Lung Association speaks out on coal burning.
- BURN BARRELS: New York State Attorney General's office has come out against burn barrels. This is a press release and brochure. It accentuates combustion dioxins.
- Burn Barrel.org
- MEDICAL ABSTRACTS. The FREE PUBMED SITE , search for " wood smoke". It will give you a current 243 abstracts. Or see an older completed search here with out leaving the site.Wood Smoke Health Effects Pubmed Bibliography
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity (MCS) - aessra
- Envirosense - Residential Leaf Burning
- Purdue University Extension - Leaf Burning
- Centers for Disease Control - Asthma
- National Institute of Health - Asthma
- EPA Office of Air and Radiation
- Biomass Burning Alternatives: Service Providers Map California Air Resources Board
- Evergreen Magazine The magazine provides Foundation members and others with information, analysis and perspective concerning issues and events impacting forests, forestry, forest communities and the forest products industry.
- Mold spores on wood are not killed in the combustion process: http://www.moldacrossamerica.org
Self Protection Sites:
- Air cleaners and much more including a newsletter WWW.achooallergy.com
- Air cleaners , masks, car air cleaners, Allergy and Asthma Technology, LTD.
- Want to monitor your air? Home monitors: Air Advice
- ASH: Tobacco Smoke and Health Information
- National Safety Council's Crossroads
- Ear Candles Danger
- Candles Lead
- Masks - Survive America - Gas Masks - Nuclear, Biological, & Chemical
- Masks ApprovedGasMasks.com
- Multiple Chemical Sensitivity Global Awareness Campaign http://www.mcs-global.org/
- To cap your chimney or have a decorative gas log put in contact Chimney Sweeps of America
- Compost -- It's Mulch Better
- Environmental Illness Resource provides information and community for those with environmental illness in its various guises.
- Healthline page providing information and community for those with COPD
Wood Smoke Blogs
- Smoke activist in Chicago area http://breathehealthyair.blogspot.com
Environment and Global Warming
Environment News | Global Warming Tips, Environment Education Articles | Information
Environment Education News - 4ecotips provides Global Warming News and Tips, Environment issues news articles, global warming information and eco travel with eco friendly tips, Environmental and Economics history from UK, Europe.
- EcoEarth.Info is a one of a kind Environment Portal - with genuine Internet search, cutting bio centric commentary, social network & constant news and link tracking - all dedicated to achieving global environmental sustainability
- Oncologist reviewed site that is solely concentrated on the knowledge of, and the issues stemming from, exposure to asbestos.
- Climate Ark is a climate change and global warming portal and search engine that promotes public policy that addresses global climate change through reductions in carbon dioxide and other emissions, renewable energy, energy conservation and ending deforestation.
- GASP - Group Against Smog and Pollution, Inc. Pittsburgh, PA activist organization.